Salesforce Sites.com vs Force.com Sites
- Sites.com is meant for business users as there is no coding mandatory. Business users can easily create their own websites and it uses a Sites.com Guest User License.
- Public (unauthenticated) sites only which means no Authentication are supported
- CRM Content objects are not supported. Allows read only access to some objects through the objects data elements.
- Two types of users – Publisher and Contributor. Publisher is super set of Contributor.
- Chatter supported for contribution of content while chatter is not available on the front end website.
- Drag n drop support for CMS.
- Force.com sites supports both authenticated and public websites
- Support for custom pages using VF, JS, CSS etc
- Main targe audience is developers
- Access to all Force.com objects