Salesforce Identity Confirmation
Two step approach in Salesforce Identity Confirmation:
Step 1: Computer Activation
- Activate additional IP addresses for accessing salesforce.com
- Only necessary if the IP address and browsers can’t be identified.
Step 2: Trusted IP Ranges
- List of IP addresses which have been activated for accessing Salesforce
- Used in conjunction with a browser cookie to identify regular Salesforce users
- Login requests from other unknown browsers and IP addresses will be required to activate computer.
Two types of activation procedures:
1. Web Client
- Any computer used to access Salesforce through a web client
2. API Client
- Computer accessing Salesforce through API (Outlook Connector, Lotus Notes, Offline Edition, Data Loader) or any backend integration computers.