Salesforce Administrator Certification Exam Preparation ADM201
Overview of Saleforce
Cloud computing benefits:
- Automatic Upgrades
- Pay as you go
Real time, Faster
Cloud1 à Cloud2
Sales Cloud + Service Cloud + appexchange runs on Force.com platform
Database.com runs the database for force.com
Force.com open cloud platform
Business Analyst à Appforce + Siteforce
Professional Developer à VMforce + Heroku
Salesforce chatter real time chatter app
- Status Updates
- File Sharing
- App Updates
- Security Sharing Model
- Real-time Analytics
Helps collaborate with coworkers. Provides ease and familiarity of social network interface. Allow users to follow:
Chatter uses the Salesforce security model. Enables a licensed Salesforce user to invite non licensed colleagues to join Chatter.
Chatter is not available for IE6 users.
Sales Cloud is the sales application that provides tools to improve visibility, build strong relationships and other close more deals.
Service Cloud bridges the gap between the call centre, customer self service and social Web.
Knowledge is the core of the service cloud- help provide customer queries through the knowledge technologies. Agent and collaborate using Chatter to ensure that they are up to date on knowledge activities. Comprehensive knowledge base where you can create and manage content know as article. Provides questions to all channels.
Chatter for cases to collaborate on cases to close.
Customers can use emails to log cases
Online help through live agent functionality. Less agents to lower time.
Contracts and entitlements for each customer to lookup customers and their specific contract.
Call Scripting – easy to use graphical tool help you define and implement every process from call, scripting to returns to case resolution.
Self service communication – integrate with twitter or facebook
Partners – share cases and solutions across partner networks.
Google search from salesforce knowledge base.
Social Monitoring – join conversation.
Real time reports and dashboards
Identity Confirmation uses two approaches to validate IP addresses of computers:
- Computer activation
- Feature allowing an end user to activate additional IP addresses to access Salesforce CRM
- Only needed when IP address cannot be identified
- Trusted IP ranges
- List of IP ranges for activating accessing Salesforce CRM
- Used together with browser cookie to identity regular Salesforce CRM users.
- Web Client
- Any computer to access Salesforce through web interface
- API (Application Program Interface) client
- Any computer through API eg:
- Connect for Outlook
- Connect for Lotus Notes
- Offline Edition
- Office Edition
- Data Loader
- Any computer through API eg:
- When accessing Salesforce from another PC first need to activate the PC. Click ‘Send Activation’ an email is sent to your email. Click or copy the activation Link.
Setup User Interface
Inline editing is not enabled by default
Configure Chatter by enabling the new User Interface Theme
Show/Hide Sidebar on each page
Allow users to activate enhanced list views and inline editing.
Step 1: Customize à Chatter à Settings à Edit
Step 2: Enable Chatter checkbox in Global Search
Step 3: Enable email notification and reply
Step 4: Open corporate Salesforce invitation
Enable Feed Tracking
Records and fields user have to follow, also feed tracking for reports and dashboards.
Add Chatter related tabs to other applications.
Starting a conversation
See chatter feed clicking My Profile.
Following the interactive ‘What to do next’ links to complete their profile
Two search options available
- Sidebar search
- Available and visible when chatter feature is not enabled
- Performs phrase search, matching words in exact sequence
- Global search
- Available and visible when chatter feature is enabled
- Search for more records and fields, Chatter feeds, groups and people
- Treats search items as separate words
- Available as header search box in UI and Setup pages
Types of Hovers
- Related Lists Hover
- See related list data. Hover on link and open detailed list of data.
- Enabled by default in: Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited edition and Developer Edition
- Recent items Hover
- View details of a recent item in the sidebar
- Use the record mini-layout
- Look up
- View details of look up fields on detail page
- Use record mini-layout
- Multi-day events
- Task hovers
- View Tasks in My Task list
- Review task details without going to detail page
Enhanced List Views
Click Enhanched List Views
List views allow:
- Create new records
- Following records
- Editing multiple records
Enhanced list views include:
- Drag and drop columns
- Record count display
- Inline test editing
- View recent Chatter feeds
Print list view
Enable Print list by enabling the print list view
Max printable views à 1000 records
Export to excel is not available for printable lists
Inline Editing exceptions
Inline editing does not provide the following feature:
- Related Lists
- Report Results
- Search Results
- Accessibility Mode
Inline does not support the following fields:
- System fields, such as Greated By and Last Modified
- Calculated Fields, such as Formula, Autonumber, and Roll-up Summary
- Read-Only fields because FLS or Page Layout
- Special Fields like Owner and Record Type
Inline editing for all detail pages except:
Configure user search settings by configuring Search Settings page. These settings allow you to configure the behavior of your sidebar or global searched selecting checkbox and modifying it.
Using the Cloud Scheduler user can:
- Request meeting
- Propose up to five meeting times
- Let salesforce.com propose meeting times
- Send branded email invitation
Add or Remove Button to remove or add the new meeting request.
Customize activity settings to show requested meeting in calendar section.
- Object permission
- Page layouts
- Custom apps
- Record apps
- Record types
- Field level security
- Desktop integration clients
- Apex class permissions
Profile components, organizational sharing model and role hierarchy work together.
Administrative, General and Object permission are used for:
Tab settings – which tabs can be viewed
Page layout – define pages seen by user
Custom App – Standard and custom apps viewed by user
Record Type – define record types available for users EE/UE
Profile Components – field – level security setting restrictions access to the fields that can be viewed or edited.
Desktop integration client – define the desktop client that are accessible to users and the automated notifications for updates.
Apex class – permission allow selected users to execute methods in a Apex class based on their profile.
Login hours – specify the login hours and login IP ranges for EE/EU
Standard Object permission specifies the level of access permission on different objects.
Read – only read records
Create – read and create records
Edit – read and update records
Delete – read edit and delete records
Tab Hidden – Hide tab and user cannot display it back
Default on – Display tab by default
Default Off – Hide tab by default, user assigned to profile can turn tab on.
API Enabled disable to not send outbound messages
Deselect Mass email and overwrite email
Assign profile to user.
Enhanced profile management
Enhance profile management features:
- Create list of profiles
- Help compare profile settings, and create, edit and delete custom list views
- Print lists of profiles
- Load up to 2000 profiles and mass updates
- Help updates among multiple profiles
- Reduces administrative overhead
- Save configuration times
- Increase visibility and granular control over profiles
Standards fields – cannot be deleted but can be removed from page layout.
Check Object Name
Perform check after renaming tabs, objects or fields. It still displays the original name. You need to change the reference to the customized object manually for the following objects:
- View names
- Report names
- Email description
- Custom fields
- Page layouts
- Record types
Limitations: Some standard fields like: Modified by and Created By cannot be renamed cause they track system information.
Data loss in custom field
Number à Char
If Data is loss it deletes the list view and assignment and escalation rules are affected.
Helps you make data more accurate and consistent by applying filters
Dependent and controlling picklists works in conjunction with each other
Value chosen in the controlling picklist effects the values available in its dependent picklist.
Both controlling and dependent picklists are indicated on edit pages by an icon. Hover over the icon to display its name.
Limits on Picklist Levels:
- Following standard picklists cannot be controlling fields:
- Salutation, Currency, Locale, Language, Subject, Type and Show As.
- Dependent types use record type picklist filtering
- There are no number on the number of dependency level but each level is just filtered by its direct parent and not grandparents.
- Controlling picklist can have a maximum of 300 values.
Limits on Picklist Values:
Picklist has at least one value
Dependent picklists cannot have default values
If standard controlling field relies on functionality that your organization decides to disable the dependency rule for the field will go away.
|Field Type||Controlling Field||Dependent Field|
Link two different objects (custom or standard)
- No effect on record deletion, ownership or security
Self linking – linking custom object to itself.
Define Data Type: Lookup Relationship
Select Field Level Security and Page layout
Lookup Limitations – Max 25 custom look field allowed. Count to 500 custom objects fields
Lookup relationships can be created between:
- Standard to Standard objects
- Custom to custom objects
- Standard or custom objects
Create lookup relationship between custom objects adds a new report type to the Report Wizard
Create lookup relations to the following:
- To users but not from them
- From opportunity products but not to them
Lookup relationships between standard objects are available on:
- Person Accounts