- Develop architecture with a vision for the future – looking beyond simple connectivity and focusing more on architecture is the most common recurring need for SOA implementations.
- Foresee linkages from IT to your business processes – implementation of an architecture that transitions IT into the role of a service provider for business functionality.
- Create an organizational structure to support SOA including culture, skills, training, teaming, organization structure, decision making, reward systems, collaboration and governance.
- Build a scalable infrastructure – create a baseline for your services performance and scalability using appropriate instruments and measurements.
- Enable operational visibility – focus on governance and service management.