If you work with Datapower allot you will know that you need curl to send an request to datapower. This is done using the command line. I am busy developing a GUI that will make it easy to execute curl commands for a specific Datapower XML Firewall or multi protocol gateway.
This is the design of CurlCommander and is still in beta.
So what functionality will CurlCommander have:
1. Add Datapower appliances to an easy to use dropdown box.
2. Ping the appliance, XML firewall or multi protocol gateway.
3. Telnet to the appliance, XML firewall or multi protocol gateway.
4. Select a specific curl command to execute from an easy to use dropdown box.
5. Upload certificates when sending curl command over secure http (https).
6. Open the curl output in: Notepad, Eclipse, XML Spy, NetBeans or your browser.
7. Show a graphical representation of input into the appliance and output. This will be a great way to graphically see if the curl command actually accessed the appliance.
The next step will be to add Datapower Web Services commands which can be executed.
Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas I will gladly add them.
4 thoughts on “CurlCommander IDE V1- Manage Curl Commands with ease”
Thanks Thys Michels!!! Your posts on Datapower are very informative!!!
Thys. How’s the progress on the CurlCommander?
Hi Dave it is done download it from: