So how do you set up Websphere Transformation Extender Launcher to automatically transform incoming files with the correct transformation map en produce an output map. With this the launcher also comes with the Launcher Management Console which provides you detailed information on the status of transformed files. The Launcher Monitor provides you a graphical interface of your transformed maps. I will show how they all are used and how they can provide you with almost any level of detail on transformations in your enterprise.
Below is the steps to configure Websphere Transformation Extender Launcher:
1. Open Integration Flow Designer.
2. Click on the purple circle icon and drag it onto the pallet. It will ask to navigate to a .mms file, that is a map file already create in WTX Design Studio.
3. Double click on the newly imported .mms map to see the input and output cards respectively.
4. Confirm that the map executes without errors click on System -> Build Maps
5. If no errors occurred click on System->Deploy-> Definitions
6. Double click on ‘Generate and Transfer Launcher Control File’ and save it to the following directory: C:/IBM/Websphere Transformation Extender 8.3/system
7. After you have set your system file location close the Definition window and click on System Deploy->THE_NAME_OF_YOUR_MAP
8. Click on Yes to see the deployed map, it mus look something like this:
Deploy Results for System LauncherTest (Version 8.3(23))
Script: DeployTest Date: Wed Sep 15 12:29:37 2010 File: C:\TXTest\Launcher.msd
Deploy has completed successfully.
Total # of errors: 0
Number of maps processed: 1
Number of successful builds: 1Number of maps with errors: 0Number of maps with warnings: 0
The following map built successfully:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\LauncherLab_Verify\FiletoFile.mms: FileTest
Launcher File Generated For: LauncherTest
Map File Transfers:
Copied C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\LauncherLab_Verify\FileTest.mmc to C:\TXTest\FileTest.mmc.
Launcher File Transfer:
Copied C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\SE5C.tmp to C:\IBM\WebSphere Transformation Extender 8.3\systems\LauncherTest.msl.
9. Open up WTX Launcher Administrator
10. Click on the Access Tab and create a new user which you Grant access to All systems.
11. Click on the Deployment Directory tab and confirm that the Directory path is the same as where you created you msl file.
12. Now you are ready to start WTX service in your Windows service registry
13. Navigate to the file from which you imported the mms file in Step 2. Copy and paste the input the folder to see the output being created automatically by the launcher.